BEACH BUMS VACATION RENTALS RENTAL POLICIES
By booking a reservation with Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, you are stating that you have fully read, understand, and agree to the rental policies listed herein the Beach Bums Vacation Rentals policy.
1. Age: Reservations will only be accepted by adults over the age of 25. All rental reservations must be accompanied by an adult 25 years or older. You will forfeit any advance payment and rental fees if this rule is not abided by and you will also be evicted from the premises. All of our vacation accommodations are family rentals ONLY. A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. In accordance with Florida State Statute 509.141, RESERVATIONS MADE UNDER FALSE PRETENSE ARE NULL AND VOID AND CHECK-IN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. This policy includes reservations made by parents or guardians who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay. NO EXCEPTIONS! We require one parent or guardian for every three persons under the age of 25. Partying or under-aged drinking will NOT be tolerated and will be evicted with no refund.
2. Security Deposit: A credit card number will be kept on file The credit card number will be held until the unit has been cleaned and providing that the following provisions have been met:
- No damage is done to unit or its contents beyond normal wear and tear.
- No missing items are identified while completing the unit’s inventory checklist.
- Unit is left reasonably clean. Those units left in an abnormally dirty manner are subject to deductions from the security deposit for a deep cleaning.
- All debris and/ or garbage is removed from the unit and placed in the proper receptacles.
- No charges are incurred due to collection of rent or services rendered during your stay.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- All pool bracelets are left in the unit prior to departure.
- Place all towels on bathroom floor prior to departure.
- All towels and linens will be counted upon departure and you will be charged for any missing or damaged items.
- To avoid extra cleaning charges be sure take out trash and leave the condo in an orderly condition.
- Beach Bums Vacation Rentals reserves the right to charge additional fees to your credit card for excessive damages.
3. Check-In: Guest check-in is between 4:00 p.m. CST unless prior arrangements are made with the management of Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals will do our best to have your room available as closely to the check-in time as possible. Unavoidable delays may occur due to maintenance or cleaning issues. During peak seasons and holidays, there is a possibility that a unit will be delayed for check in. We greatly appreciate your patience as we are working hard to ensure your property is properly cleaned and meets our quality standards.
4. Check-Out: Check-out time is at 10:00 a.m. CST. All late departures will be charged a late check-out fee equal to at least a ½ day rental. Please be respectful of these times as cleaning/maintenance crews are required to follow strict scheduling.
5. Pre-Payment: We require a 30% pre-payment of the total rental amount due. Advance payments are applied towards the total rent amount. The balance of your rental is due in full 30 days prior to check-in and may be made by PayPal or credit card. Refunds of pre-paid rents will not be given for late arrivals or early departures. Rental rates are subject to all state and local taxes.
6. Payment Methods: Payment must be made by PayPal or Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover. We accept personal checks if received 30 days before arrival date. A $50 fee will be charged on all returned checks.
7. Taxes: State of Florida sales tax is currently 11.5% in Okaloosa County and 12% in Walton County. Total tax due on all reservations less than 7 months is same as stated above. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals will collect and disburse taxes to the State and County levels on all reservations. Taxes are subject to change without notice.
8. Cleaning Fees: Cleaning fees will be charged on all reservations regardless of the number of nights reserved. Cleaning fees vary depending on the property size. This fee covers the cleaning of the condo upon your departure.
9. Linens & Things: Linens and an INITIAL supply of toiletries (trash bags, toilet paper, paper towels and face soap) will be provided to all guests. The guest will be responsible for purchasing additional toiletries (toilet paper, trash bags, soap, etc.).
10. Maid Service: Upon arrival, you will find your unit clean and stocked with linens and bath towels for your use. Maid service will NOT be provided during your stay. You are responsible for keeping your unit clean. Please leave the unit as you found it. Remember that you are staying in someone’s home. Please treat it as if it were your own. If the unit is left damaged or unusually messy you may be charged additional fees to offset the expense of cleaning and/or repairs.
11. Departure: Upon departure, place all dirty towels in the bathroom for floor. Take out all trash. Dispose of all food in refrigerator. Set AC on 78 degrees, or heat on 68 degrees. Turn off all lights and appliances. Lock all doors and windows. Leave unit in reasonably clean condition. Leave all pool keys/bracelets in the unit. There will be a $50 charge on all replacement keys/bracelets.
12. Smoking: ALL UNITS ARE NON-SMOKING. Violation of the No Smoking policy will result in immediate eviction and loss of rent. You may smoke on the balcony (outside) of your unit. Please extinguish ashes in appropriate ashtray, container, etc.
13. Pets: Absolutely NO PETS are allowed except in pet friendly units. Pet friendly units will allow a maximum of 2 trained, mature dogs weighing 35 lbs or less (we must be notified of the pet and you will be charged the pet fee). If any evidence of pet(s) is found in a unit not allowing pets, you will be evicted from the premises with no refund of rent. There is a $150 pet-deposit required on all units allowing pets, which is nonrefundable. Pet owners will be financially responsible for any damages and additional cleaning.
14. Owners Closet: Most properties have locked closets that are off limits to guests. These closets/spaces are used for owner storage. Interference with these locked areas is strictly prohibited and violation of this policy will result in additional charges to you along with possible criminal charges.
15. Maintenance: The property owners and management work hard to ensure that the rental property and its amenities are in place and in good working order. Management will be available to handle questions, complaints, and supervise maintenance issues. In case of a maintenance problem, management will strive to have the problem repaired as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, plumbing, internet service, etc. It would be greatly appreciated if you would report any problems or damage immediately to management. **Please note** If you report a maintenance issue and it is deemed that nothing is wrong with the appliance or item you are reporting, you will be charged for the service call from either our maintenance group or the service contractor.
16. Disturbances: Guests causing excessive noise or any disturbance will be asked to leave immediately with no refunds of rent. There are to be no house parties. No grilling on decks. No use of fireworks. No unauthorized guests.
17. Cancellations: A full refund minus a $125.00 cancellation fee will be given on all weekly and daily reservations if you cancel your reservation 90 days before your arrival. If you must cancel less than 90 days prior to your arrival, please call our office as soon as possible. Less than 90 days, NO refunds will be given unless you have purchased travel protection and cancel for a covered reason. Please notify us as soon as possible if you need to cancel your reservation.
18. Travel Protection: No refunds will be made in the event of a mandatory evacuation if the guest does not purchase travel protection. If a “Mandatory Evacuation” order is given, refunds will only be given by the travel protection provider if you have purchased coverage before the storm was named.
19. Monthly Cancellations: Cancellations for monthly rentals made more than 90 days prior to arrival date will be entitled to a full refund minus cancellation and administrative fees ($125.00). No refunds will be given for cancellations made 90 days or less without the prior purchase of the Travel Protection.
20. Lock Outs: Should you become locked-out of your unit after-hours, you will be required to pay our responding staff members a $65 service call fee. If one of our staff members is unavailable and a locksmith is called, you will be required to pay the locksmith the going rate at the time services are rendered.
21. Unit Assignment: We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you book a reservation a unit will be assigned to you. However, no unit request is guaranteed. If a change becomes necessary, every attempt will be made to contact you by phone or email and a new confirmation will be sent. If you decide to cancel because of a necessary room change, no refunds will be given. All rooms changes will be equivalent to the original booking.
22. Hurricane Evacuations: No refunds will be given unless a mandatory evacuation order is issued by the local authorities. At that time all refunds will be processed by the travel protection provider and only if the travel protection was purchased prior to the storm being named. If you did not purchase the travel protection, no refunds or reschedules will be allowed. Refunds will only be given for the dates of the mandatory evacuation. If you cancel your vacation immediately after the mandatory evacuation has been lifted and the area is accessible you will forfeit all prepaid rents. If you choose to departure your stay due to inclement weather no refund of rent will be refunded. Travel Insurance is highly suggested.
23. Rental Agreement: The renter named in this agreement will be responsible for ensuring that both themselves and all guests, whether they are registered in the rental unit or not, adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the building and/ or community in which you are staying. Exceeding the maximum occupancy will result in eviction and loss of rent.
24. Liability: The renter acknowledges that management, property owners, and employees do not carry personal liability insurance and cannot be held responsible regardless of fault, for any accident, loss, damage or injury suffered by the renter, members of their party or any other guests which the renter or their party have allowed access to the property, regardless if said loss is a result directly or indirectly from acts of god, danger incident to the sea, any body of water, fire, breakdown of machinery, equipment, acts of government or other authorities, delays or cancellations of or changes in itineraries or schedule or from acts of omission of any airline.
25. Loss/Damage: The renter will release and hold harmless any and all parties involved with the rental, management, and reservations of the property and to release and hold harmless it’s owners or representatives for any loss or damage to personal property or for any injury and/or death. The renter further agrees to hold harmless Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC for any accident, injury or death that occurs on Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC premises or any property that we rent.
26. Personal Items Left Behind: Beach Bums Vacation Rentals, LLC is not responsible for lost or misplaced items. However, if we are notified or if an item is found within a reasonable time we will be glad to ship it to you at your expense.
27. Amenities: All of our rental properties have fully equipped kitchens, coffee makers, color TV’s, microwave ovens, DVD players, central heating and air conditioning, and linens and towels that are to be used in the unit only. It is prohibited to rearrange furniture. You should bring your own beach towels or other beach necessities with you. Locked closets are maintained by home owners for personal use. Please respect these areas. A washer/dryer is provided either in the property or on the premises. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals cannot be held responsible for maintenance issues within the common areas of the property.
28. Internet Access: Internet Access is provided in units. Internet is provided by a 3rd party contractor. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals is not responsible should the internet become unavailable during your stay. We will, however, work with the providing vendor to try and resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
29. Making Reservations: We encourage reservations be made up to a year in advance. All rates are not guaranteed. However, if paid in full at the time of booking all rates will be honored for the upcoming year.
30. Guest Responsibilities: It is the responsibility of the guest to report any damage to the unit within 24 hours of check-in to avoid additional fees. Guests who report damage or loss at the time of check out will be held accountable for missing or damaged items. Guests are responsible for the property, its contents, and themselves during occupancy. Guests must lock windows and doors securely when not on the premises. Guests understand that exceeding the maximum occupancy will result in loss of rent and eviction. Rearranging the furniture and removing anything from the unit is prohibited. Guests also understand that if a maintenance issue is reported (i.e. ac not cooling, stove not working, etc.) and it is deemed that nothing is wrong with the appliance or item you are reporting, you will be charged for the service call from either our maintenance group or the service contractor.
31. Rate Changes: Rates are subject to change without notice. Published rental rates are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to correct rates that may have been misquoted due to human and/or computer error.
32. Maximum Number of Guests: The allowable occupancy for the rental property is based on the following sleeping arrangements: 2 persons per bedroom, 2 persons per sleeper sofa, 1 child/small adult per twin/bunk bed. Guests who exceed the maximum occupancy are subject to immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rental payments.
33. Subletting: Units may not be sub-let. Sub-letting will result in immediate eviction and loss of prepaid rents.
34. Construction: Beach Bums Vacation Rentals has no control over construction in or around the areas of where you are staying. We cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience due to construction in or around the area. No refunds or relocations will be given due to construction.
35. Beach Access: The Gulf area is prone to hurricanes. Beach Bums Vacation Rentals cannot be held responsible for change in topography or beach access to the area in which you are staying.
36. Advertising Accuracy: Beach Bums Vacation Rentals strives to accurately describe each property either verbally, in writing, or by pictures. We cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies on our main website or on 3rd party websites in these descriptions or pictures.
37. Weather: As much as Beach Bums Vacation Rentals wants you to have a sunny, warm, perfect vacation, we cannot control the weather or the ocean tides. If you decide to leave early or come in late because of the weather there will be no refunds or adjustments of your reservation.
38. Reschedules: Beach Bums will allow you to reschedule your reservation ONE TIME within 90 days of your original reservation. No refunds or date adjustments will be made 90 days or less prior to your arrival.
Our office hours are typically 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday and 9AM–2PM Saturday. We are closed on Sunday.
These hours may be revised during slow and/or peak seasons.
Office address: 2076-A Scenic Gulf Dr., Miramar Beach, FL 32550
BEACH BUMS VACATION RENTALS, LLC is the acting agent of the property owner and reserves the right to make exceptions to the above policies at any time for the best interest of the property owner(s).